Claims in this category consist of injury to others or damage to property of others arising out of your company’s business activities or product or which occur on your company’s premises.
Take these steps immediately:
- Secure first aid for the injured person, if necessary.
- Do not admit liability or offer any payment.
- Secure name and address of the injured person and all details of how the injury or damage occurred.
- Secure names and addresses of any witnesses.
- In the event of serious injury, telephone Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company.
- Complete the Accident Report in every case and send it immediately to Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company. Retain a copy for your records.
- If ever served with a summons and complaint, or a writ, it is imperative that this be directed to Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company the same day. An answer must be filed with the court within a given period of time. Legal papers turned over too late to file an answer will result in a default judgment.