On the job injury to an employee
Take these steps immediately:
- Secure first aid for the injured employee, if necessary.
- Complete the form “Employer’s First Report of Injury”(or, if 1-800 reporting is requested by the carrier, call the 1-800 number at once.) Fax a copy of the “Employer’s First Report of Injury” to Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company and a copy to the WC carrier (if 1-800 reporting there’s no need to fill out the form, but please be sure to ask the carrier to fax/inform Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company of the claim for our records.)
- All bills should be submitted to Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company for payment. The employer or employees should never pay the bill.
- When you receive any medical bill or report, send it to Stewart, Brimner, Peters & Company at once and include the following:
- Company’s name and local address
- Date of occurrence and employee’s name
- Policy number
- Remember Worker’s Compensation is a law enacted in each of the states in which there are various provisions applying penalties for late reporting or other non-compliance.